The Regency Town House

This Grade 1 listed house turned museum and archive in Brunswick Square, Hove, was designed by Charles Augustin Busby around 1823.

During the 1970’s it was converted into a series of flats and has now been returned to a single house. This effort was in part guided and executed by Neil England, who designed the reconstruction of the decorative elements and, along with Nick Tyson, reworked both the external and internal fabric back to its historical original.

Together they raised the documentation to include full method and materials statements for submission to LBC.  All successfully carried out. 

It continues to be a source of interest to Neil who works on in the charitable effort of conservation to this fine building, gaining further intimate knowledge of this vernacular type as he progresses through.

Next case study